Do not call 112 for non-urgent issues!
Non-urgent calls cause delays in helping people in emergency situations, which may have fatal consequences.
Do not call 112
- to make jokes or pranks;
- to insult operators;
- to request information about phone numbers, identity card issuance, passport, criminal record, traffic, program or addresses of public institutions;
- to find out the date and time;
- to find out the schedule of public transport;
- to find the weather forecast;
- to call a taxi;
- to check how the 112 service works;
- to unlock your mobile phone or test its operation mode;
- to charge your mobile phone card;
- to express your dissatisfaction with the services provided by various companies;
- to distract your children;
- to express your opinion towards politicians, people, events, TV shows etc .;
- to report interruptions in the provision of utilities (telephony, TV, internet, water, etc.);
- to express your dissatisfaction with the quality of the purchased products.
Unjustified calling of 112 can cost the life of a person in danger!
The emergency line can be used any time to intervene in an emergency situation, when only one second can make the difference between life and death. Any person who may need urgent help may be someone dear to you. The unjustified call to emergency number means keeping both the emergency lines and the 112 operators busy, instead of responding to critical emergency calls during this time.
You can help us reduce the number of unjustified calls by informing your family and friends about the correct use of the unique 112 emergency number.
Repeated dialing 112 without having an emergency or calling to insult the 112 operators constitutes abuse and is sanctioned by law.
EMERGENCY SITUATIONS CAN NOT BE REPORTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR E-MAIL.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, ALWAYS CALL 112!