For each of the three calls, the primary location information was available at the Police Dispatch, and was transmitted by the public mobile communication network provider at the initiation of the call, as a cell-id/sector-id type information, according to art. 27 of the ANCOM Decision no. 1023/2008. This primary location information was taken over by the SNECS information systems and made available to the 112 operators and the Police Dispatch, in the GIS information system, as received, during the call processing.
Related to this particular case, there were three incoming 112 calls:
The first call was taken by the 112 operator at 11:05:07
- 11:05:41: the 112 operator called the Police Dispatch
- 11: 05.52: the caller disconnected the call with the 112 operator
- 11:06:55: the police dispatcher took over the case from the 112 operator; the caller was no longer on the line.
The second call was taken by the 112 operator at 11:06:25
- 11:06:55: the 112 operator called the Police Dispatch
- 11:07:53: the police dispatcher took the call; the 112 operator connected him with the caller. During the conversation with the police dispatcher, the caller failed to provide address / location data, yet provided an address on a business card she had found at the location.The caller mentioned that she did not know if the address on the business card was the one at which she actually was at the time of the call.
The third call was taken by the 112 operator at 11:12:36
- 11:12:43: the 112 operator called the Police Dispatch
- 11:12:51: the police dispatcher took the call; he was connected with the caller.
Then, in order to obtain additional information about where the caller was, the 112 operator redialed nine times the number from which the call was made, all these calls going into voicemail.
STS does not identify the location of the caller or the cell phone operator through which the call is made.
All this information is provided by the public mobile communication network provider at the initiation of the call, in the form of circle sectors and is available to the operators and dispatchers who handle the case.
STS Press Office